1) Synthesized all compounds from Table 1 (1-8) and Table 2 (1-13). I was able to achieve higher yields than the ones reported in this paper by doubling the catalyst concentration.
2) I used excess i.e 3 mol % Palladium acetate than the reported 1.5 mol % for complete conversion of starting material. The other reaction conditions like base, time and temperature were as per the paper. My purification steps were little different as I used gradient eluent system via Teledyne combiflash purification instrument than the regular flash system used in this paper.
1) Scale up :- The reaction provides similar yields when scaled to 10 times the initial concentration of starting material.
2) Base :- I obeserved that the reaction does not go to completion in some other bases like K3PO4,5H2O and KOH. This creates a problem in purification as in some cases the starting material 2-bromopyrdine and the corresponding product have same retention factor in various Hexane/Ethyl acetate eluent systems.
3) Solvent :- The reaction does not require 4 ml of solvent. It works very well even in 2 ml of solvent. Ethlene glycol can be used as a substitute for 50 % isopropanol.
4) Table 1 ( 5 and 7 ) required overnight sirring for complete conversion of starting material.
5) Excess 1.5 Eq. of boronic acid is not necessary. The reaction goes to completion even with 1 Eq. of boronic acid. The depends on the purity and stability of various boronic acids used in this paper.