SciBase is recruting on behalf of a biotech-focused investment fund based in San Francisco. They invest in innovative biotechnology companies intent on discovering and developing human therapeutics. Our client prioritizes primary due diligence consisting of reading scientific literature, meeting with academic experts, and conducting market research and securities analysis. The fund is managed by a small team of collaborative professionals with scientific backgrounds and 25 years of collective investing experience.
Our client is currently seeking applicants for a position of Analyst.
Analysts work closely with the entire team on the ongoing sourcing and analysis of new and existing investment opportunities. In essence, the Analyst will support the investment team in all aspects of due diligence and portfolio management.
The Analyst will report directly to the Director of Research yet will regularly engage with other members of the team.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in life sciences or physical sciences
• Exceptional integrity, analytical and interpersonal skills, willingness to be mentored
• Ability to organize time and be productive working independently
• Evidence of intellectual curiosity and a passion for taking on challenging new pursuits
• Domestic and international travel as needed.
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, with 2-4 years of industry experience
• Experience or evidence of interest in investing, including a basic understanding of business and financial metrics
We've partnered with SciBase in recruiting for this position. If you're not familiar, SciBase is a platform for crowdsourced reviews of scientific publications. Scientists post feedback about their attempts at reproducing existing experiments in the literature and other scientists can read and rate those reviews.
During the application process, you will be asked to sign up (for free) with SciBase and to write reviews of at a few papers that you have tried to replicate, along with any further comments, suggestions, and questions. While our site allows you to submit these reviews under your name or anonymously, you must post (or have posted) at least the following for your application to be considered for the job:
If you have not published a paper, then submit two reviews of other people's papers.
These reviews and ratings will be reviewed by the SciBase team and then by us to help us decide on the appropriate person. In the future, you will also be able to use your SciBase account to quickly apply to other positions of ours and other employers.
If you're already a signed up SciBase user with a completed profile, you can apply with one click by clicking the "Apply" link below.
If you're not yet a SciBase user, here's how the process works: